22 HP* V-Twin Engine
22-hp (16.4-kW) V-twin engine has plenty of power and torque to handle tough mowing, mulching, and bagging conditions.
42-in Accel Deep™ Mower Deck with optional MulchControl™ Kit
The Accel Deep mower decks are made to process and efficiently disperse more grass.
Operator station designed for comfort and convenience with intuitive controls
Experience the comfort of John Deere with an ergonomic design that is both comfortable and easy to use.
Dual Hydrostatic Transmissions
Infinite ground speeds allow the operator to match the speed of the tractor to the job.
Bumper to Bumper Warranty
2 year/120 hour warranty supported by your local John Deere Dealership.
Height of Cut Handle
Comfortably adjust the deck with 13 different cutting height options. Cutting heights range from 1 to 4 in.
7-MPH Mowing Speed
Get the job done fast, so you can get the most out of your lawn.
Comfortable armrests, standard
Rest your arm or can be flipped up out of the way, if desired
Convenient service interval decal provides basic maintenance information
Provides a quick reference for keeping recommended service up to date
Hinged footrest area can be easily raised for service to mower deck
Easy to clean grass off the top of the mower and provides convenient access to the mower drive
Strong Dealer Support Network
Your John Deere dealer is here to answer questions about products, service, parts, and more.
Tracks user’s current mowing session with average mowing speed, area covered, and items such as fuel level and battery health.
Built in Greeneville, TN US
Made in the USA.
- For questions about service and repair, please call the John Deere Customer Contact Center at 800-537-8233 or reference the Service & Repair document
- 22 HP V-twin John Deere branded engine for powerful performance during tough mowing conditions
- Not how fast you mow, it’s how well you mow fast, mow well fast with the 42 in. accel deep mower deck, delivering superior cut quality and grass processing at higher mowing speeds, designed to provide greater mowing capacity and improved mulching capability
- Convenient hand lift is used to raise the mower deck for setting cutting heights from 1 to 4 in. or locking mower in the raised or transport position
- Dual EZT transmissions and large 18 in. drive tires enable mowing speeds up to 7 mph
- ZTrak mowers are designed with a heavy-duty formed and welded steel frame for strength and reliability
- Foot platform flips up for easy access to the top of mower deck for easy maintenance and cleaning
- 18 in. medium back comfortable seat with armrests can easily be adjusted in seat forward and back
- Multiple position motion control levers and on the go tracking adjustment allows user to easily adjust from the seat when motion levers are out of alignment for comfort and convenience
- Download the MowerPlus app to easily view engine-hours and fuel level
- Hassle free ownership – inspected, tested and supported: a John Deere authorized technician will perform a thorough 10 point pre-delivery inspection on all new John Deere mowers prior to sale
- Optional bagger is sold separately (BG20755)
- Be sure to register your 2-year bumper to bumper warranty at johndeere/warranty registration and stay connected with your servicing John Deere dealer
- 2.1 Gal. fuel tank ensures you have hours of mowing time on a single fill
- Engine horsepower and torque information are provided by the engine manufacturer to be used for comparison purposes only, actual operating horsepower and torque will be less; refer to the manufacturer’s website for additional information
|Assembled Depth (in.)
|Assembled Height (in.)
|Assembled Width (in.)
|Cutting Width (in.)
|Front Wheel Size (in.)
|Mower Deck Width (in.)
|Rear Wheel Size (in.)
|Turning Radius (in.)
|CA (CARB) Compliant
|Commercial / Residential
|12 Gauge Steel
|Engine Displacement (cc)
|OEM Branded Engine
|Engine Torque (ft.-lb.)
|Fuel Tank Capacity (gal.)
|Included with Riding Mowers
|Lawn Mower Type
|Zero Turn Mower
|Maximum Cutting Height (in.)
|Maximum Forward Speed (mph)
|Maximum Reverse Speed (mph)
|Minimum Cutting Height (in.)
|Number of Blades
|Number of Blades
|Number of Cylinders
|Number of Deck Wheels
|Oil Capacity (oz.)
|Product Weight (lb.)
|Recommended Oil Type
|Riding Mower Features
|Adjustable Cutting Height, Adjustable Height, Cup Holder, Deck cleanout, Hour Meter, Keyed start, Power Take Off, Reverse Mowing, Single-lever height adjustment
|Size of Yard
|1 – 2 Acres
|Flat with Obstacles
|White Glove Service
|White Glove Service
Warranty / Certifications
|Certifications and Listings
|Two years or 120 hours, whichever occurs first.